<VV> EM Rear Engine Mount

Shaun shaun_mcgarvey at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 4 15:59:50 EDT 2006

Hi Bill, early mounts rarely fail, even if split. The thing to look for is
to make sure the nut is tight on the stud on the bottom. You need to to
remove the rear grille and the tin cover to get at it, but it's worth
checking. A lot of times the cotter pin gets forgotten when someone (not me)
reassembles it. The nut slowly backs off until the rear of the engine drops
almost to the pavement.
I recently had to supply someone with the correct nut washer and cotter pin
after the engine in his '64 Spyder dropped.

yea, Vairily ... Shaun