<VV> Stripped bolt.. 63 Turbo

Kerry and Jan B deaconone at teleweb.net
Mon Sep 4 15:52:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

In trying to track down the sudden loss of boost in my vert. I noitced
that could hear a slight hissing sound coming from the left intake
Thinkng mqaybe this was a problem..(ok it was a problem but maybe not
THE problem) I checked to two bolts. Uh oh... inner (longer) bolt is so
lose it turns by hand!  Ok I grab my very small ratchet and carefully
tighten the bolt. BIG uh oh. bolt will only spin, not tighten down.  So
I remove the bolt and see the tell-tale evidence of aluminum that SHOULD
not be there.

Question now is......what can be done??? Is this repairable or am I
buying a replacement head..??? Which if this is the case will
effectively ground the car till next year....

Somewhere I read about locktite having some kind of thread repair kit?
Has anyone heard or used this? Am I on the right track or  way off base?

Help..! (greatly appreciated..)

Kerry Borgne

1963 Spyder Convertible....