<VV> EM trunk weatherstrip

Les corvair at mts.net
Mon Sep 4 21:17:14 EDT 2006

The assembly manual for my late model shows where the seam should be - I assume the early model manual should have this info as well.

Les
======
Message: 7
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:38:18 -0700
From: "Steve Brennan" <alohaz at comcast.net>
Subject: <VV> EM trunk weatherstrip
To: <virtualvairs at corvair.org>

Any suggestions on if there is a "best" place to start the placement of new weather-stripping on the trunk, i.e., should the seam be at the nose point, in the middle of the back, or on a corner, etc.?  Also, do any of the books offer tips/suggestions on how to replace any or all of the weather-stripping, engine seals, etc.?

(I don't know if you longtime Corvair pros realize how reassuring it its to have your experience and wisdom available to us rookies.  As I talk to people about my new restoration project (having restored Corvettes, Mustangs and a 1957 Ford Skyliner in the past), I regularly tell them that having this forum available has made working on this project more enjoyable and the least stressful of all.  I encourage all of them to give it a try themselves, knowing that there is a safety net for any issue that may arise.  The humor shared amongst longtime friends is only icing on the cake.)

Thanks in advance,
Steve Brennan
1962 Spyder Coupe