<VV> adjusting valves

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon Sep 4 22:29:39 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/4/2006 12:42:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pbob63 at frontiernet.net writes:

> Do them all this way. My engine sat for 15 years, and
> had stuck valves and lifters. I adjusted the rocker nuts to this
> measurement, and she now runs smooth and quiet with no clatter anytime.
> Seems too simple

I've been saying that for years....on stock engines......I was told that's
the way the factory did it....3-4 threads showing...

Once things have been cut...normally the head gasket sealing surface.....then
it could be touchy...ggg

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!