<VV> valve adjusting

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Sep 4 22:34:44 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/4/2006 9:58:36 AM Pacific Standard Time, ronh at owt.com
writes:

I just  assume that the lifters aren't necessarily fully pumped up every time
and  just search for that first slight drag .
RonH

Unless you are dealing with grundgy older lifters that have internal
deposits keeping the internal plunger from moving, Andy' method works fine. I  use
the exact same method. I will suggest that you use only a breakerbar on  the
socket that turns the "stud-nut", not a ratchet. The breaker bar will allow  you
to move back and forth to really nail down the tightening point. That point
where the rocker lash is taken up and the pushrod is being retained in
rotational movement. The ratchet introduces vagueness to the actual point. Then  turn
it down your required lash and you're done.  -Seth