<VV> Early Convertible Armrest Differences and Upholstery

Geoffrey Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Sep 4 23:04:13 EDT 2006

    I am finally getting around to upholstering the rear armrest panels
on my '63 vert.   My friend had the backseat professionally
reupholstered with clarks covers as a surprise birthday present for me.
Thanks again Cary!
   Now Clarks has a listing for 62, and then one for 63-64, on the
reproduction armrest upholstery.  I got the 63-64.   What are the
differences?   When I got my car, the armrest panels were rusted out and
broke in half.  Good one GM, dont paint those!  So I do not know what
panels I have, I just had some scrounged at swapmeets, ebay etc...

Want to avoid a catastrophe when dealing with the glue.   Also, how does
one draw the vinyl tight on the upper part in that compound curve?   Any
tricks?  I have redone lower panels before, but not the upper half.

Thanks
Geoff Johnson