<VV> (VV) Re: An engine over heating question

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 12:47:29 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/3/2006 9:38:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
barnaby at shaw.ca writes:

The old  fan belt was still there, but someone had cut out much of the
wiring. Other  than that it looks resotorable...if you have a good immagination. My
question  is if I am correct and the engine was seriously overheated, but not
siezed, is  it resorable, or
would it make a super boat anchor?  If I'm wrong any  other explinations?
Thanks
Robert Paul

Robert - I hope the car is worth saving. A motor which has not run in 20
plus years will be a puzzle to disassemble. Fun, but a puzzle. As you take
things off, you will find some stuff hopelessly dead, some stuff "ready for
refurb" and some stuff where cleaning is all that is needed. Matt's note on the
heads is a good one. Almost everything else (except the block and crank) is
easily replaced. it is likely the rings and pistons/cylinders are in need  of
replacement, unless a ton of oil made it into the area.  The  com[partment wiring
harness is available, but pricey!  - Seth  Emerson