<VV> Cylinder Head Temperature...

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 13:05:36 EDT 2006

  Hi:

  What would be  "normal" for a cylinder head temperature (CHT)?

  I realize many factors play in the response, nonetheless, I'm curious to know that for example, in hot summer days (90 Degrees outside) - city traffic - what should the gauge show?

  The car is a 1960 Monza with a transplanted 140HP (4 Carb) engine + headers (the lower shrouds are cut perfectly to fit these headers). I also know that many Corvair owners remove the shrouds in summer for added cooling.

  Regards,

  Tony