<VV> FC ballistic co-efficient

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Tue Sep 5 18:52:15 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net>
> I also have a Rampside with head temp gauge (Spyder dash).  When on the
> highway with that one (shrouds are on and it is a 110 car engine), I
> typically see just a shade under 400 (a needle width or two).  But, I
don't
> drive it as fast (around 65 - 70).  It is (of course) much more sensitive
> head wind than the car and I stay around 60 mph in that situation.
> Later, JR
********
Just for fun, it would be interesting if you used a " G-meter" of some kind
and did a coast-down routine to find how much power it takes to run a FC
shaped vair at ... say ..... 70 to 50 mph or so .... I am thinking maybe 67
horses for a static 60 mph, as maybe 30 horses for a late model with those
sweeping, sexy curves. (g).  FC Same as a barn door in a 60 mph wind, I
propose .....

ken campbell, idle mind in idle iowuh