<VV> Point plate...

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 23:08:35 EDT 2006

  Hi:

  Does any other "point plate" fit the 62-69 Corvair (Chevelle, etc.,) - the dwell on my 140HP keeps changing on a daily basis (new points installed - I know ideally it's supposed to be within 31-34 degrees).

  I noticed the vacuum advance rod vibrating back & forth (at idle) even though the rod is securely resting in the point plate.

  I tried Dale Manufacturing:

  http://www.dalemfg.com/dale_012.htm

  But no one answers. I'm debating between a new (rebuilt) point plate and the 1162A electronic ignition by Petronix...

  Regards,

  Tony