<VV> Homeowner Association Rules

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 7 22:41:49 EDT 2006

Some of us are luckier.  I live in a 20 year old neighborhood of 2000+
square foot houses (nice ones).  The 6 or 7 block area that makes up my
"neighborhood" doesn't have a neighborhood association.  Last year, the
neighborhood association adjacent to us put flyers out stating that they
were annexing us (more dues money for them).  Major uprising.  Three
different people gathering signatures in my neighborhood to stop them.  I
think they got 100% signatures.  The association went away mad, but they
went away.

I have one car parked (neatly) under some trees just off my driveway and a
dead Fiberfab Avenger under a car cover in the turn-around part of my
driveway.  My neighbors think it's cool.  They come over and watch me paint.
They say, "Yeah, we hear you leave every morning - the Corvair sounds good".

Ah, it's great to have good neighbors.  ;-)

Roger
Austin, TX