<VV> Wiper Refills

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Sep 9 21:51:31 EDT 2006

So in my quest for wiper blades I made some progress today.  I found a pair in stock at CarQuest.  Only one pair and they didn't have the stainless steel rails but they fit.  $7 though and no stainless rails.  I then went to what used to be a Wester Auto but is now an independent and they had Anco with stainless rails in stock down to 16 inches.  I asked if they could get the 15" and they said yes!.  It takes a couple days and they cost $7 but I can get a set in a couple days.  Not too bad.  I then went back to the Advanced Auto where they told me they couldn't order the 15" Trico refils and this time the answer was yes.  I don't know why.  And they only want $4.98 for the Trico 43-150's, 15" with stainless steel rails.  They said they could have them in the next day.   Not too bad.

BTW, how long can you store wiper blades reliably?  I'd like to get a couple pairs and store them for the inevetible day when it's raining and my wipers are bad.

mike