Re <VV> Wally World Wonder (No Corvair)

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 00:19:22 EDT 2006

They really seem to understand the law of contracts at my local Wal-Mart....You know, the part where it says when you offer an item for sale and post a price that's a contract to sell that item at that price.

  I was in the store and found a rack chock-a-block full of gallons of Mobile-1 10-30 motor oil and a great big sign that said $3.88.
  Grabbed the counter guy and said, "Mobile-1 at $3.88??"  "no way, he said they forgot to change the price."  I said, "that's too bad, but we still have that $3.88 price up there."  "Do you want to pay for it now?" he asked.  Youbetcha. Checked it out right then and there at his register which was happily demanding $21.something until he overrode it.

  Walked out of the store with my gallon of bug juice and my sales slip with nary a problem. I know, I know, I shouldda bought the whole shelf at that price, but there's an old Wall Street slogan that applies: Bulls get fat; bears get fat; pigs get eaten.

  I was happy with my Wal-Mart shopping experience even if the Wally World accountants weren't.

  Arjay Morgan
  64 Monza Convert, about to get a dose of synthetic