<VV> Saturday Evening Drive

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sun Sep 10 22:16:50 EDT 2006

I took the Corsa for a 50 mile drive yesterday evening--first time I have
driven it in four or five years.  Beautiful evening, 70's, light traffic  and
cruising at 65.  The new clutch pressure plate etc. and shifter parts  work like
new.  No leaks from the new gas tank and all the new brake lines,  cylinders
hoses etc. snub it down fast.  No oil fumes (and no leaks).   And in the
twilight you can't see the rusty lower front fenders until you get  close.  A new
Porsche with temporary plates kept pace with me for about two  miles then waved
and slowly accelerated away (so as not to flaunt it).   I've still got a long
list of stuff to do to it (while paying the kids  college bills), but last
night it was a sweet running car and I was a younger  man.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa