<VV> RE: Finding and Searching our Archives on VV web

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 10 23:20:52 EDT 2006

I've mentioned this before, but I'm not sure if anyone replied or shed
light on the issue.  The only real problem with searching the archive
is that you have to do it month by month.  If there were a way to
choose your own time parameters: say all the posts on a subject for the
last six months or year, that would make it more useful.  If you are
looking for a thread that you think you saw in the spring, you may have
to go through four or five months to find the post you're looking for.
If you want to find information on a particular subject that you don't
remember ever seeing, you'd have to go month by month back through the
files.  I keep my own personal files on subjects that I've found
interest on my Mac (238 alphabetized pages, and counting) partly due to
this fact.

Stephen Upham