<VV> Saturday Evening Drive

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Mon Sep 11 00:19:47 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/10/2006 7:17:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

> I took the Corsa for a 50 mile drive yesterday evening--first time I have
> driven it in four or five years.  Beautiful evening, 70's, light traffic
> and
> cruising at 65.  The new clutch pressure plate etc. and shifter parts  work
> like
> new.  No leaks from the new gas tank and all the new brake lines,  cylinders
>
> hoses etc. snub it down fast.  No oil fumes (and no leaks).   And in the
> twilight you can't see the rusty lower front fenders until you get  close.
> A new
> Porsche with temporary plates kept pace with me for about two  miles then
> waved
> and slowly accelerated away (so as not to flaunt it).   I've still got a
> long
> list of stuff to do to it (while paying the kids  college bills), but last
> night it was a sweet running car and I was a younger  man.

You're so right!  Doesn't feel any better than that.......it had been 14 yrs
since I'd driven a Vair car.....and my 66 vert on a chilly March evening still
felt great...and I had plenty more to do as well...ggg

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!