<VV> Die! Dieseling Corvair, Die!

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Sep 11 03:38:03 EDT 2006

Frank
GM Top End Cleaner is a Goodwrench Product, only available from a GM dealer.

the 1959 tuneup, as it was called in those days, blew the carbon out of
cranky engines in used cars and settled them down enough to sell without
much more ado.

Spray some in the Spark Plug holes, replace plugs and let sit for 24 hours.
Then Fire it up.  It will LOOK like you blew out some carbon, then start
goosing the throttle while spraying down the carb throat.

This can also be done with SEAFOAM Engine Treatment. just drizzle some down
the carb throats, then dump some in to cut off the engine.  Dump about 1/3
of a can in the carbs, 1/3 in the crankcase, and 1/3 in the gas tank.
Then--Fire it back up....it will smoke like a freight train for about 20
minutes.  Then take it out for a drive.

Hank