Fwd: <VV> HELP!... push rod tubes...

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Sep 11 12:57:59 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/11/2006 12:43:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Should the tubes be loose at all or do they need to be pressed tight
> into place?
> -Thanks in advance
> -Cash

Cash,  I'm eating lunch at my desk now.  Did you use a socket and a mallet(
or, carefully, a hammer) to seat the pushrod in the crankcase?  With the
crankcase end of the push rod tube coated with oil it should pop in snuggly.  The
head bolts and head don't hold them in.  If you did neat the tube and it is
still loose then I would be concerned--but I'll bet they are'nt fully seated.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa