<VV> powerglide problems

CorvairEd at aol.com CorvairEd at aol.com
Mon Sep 11 14:35:24 EDT 2006

John,
I had a similar problem some years ago and tried everything I could think  of
including removing and inspecting the PG internally.  Found nothing  wrong.
Since I had tried everything else I replaced the torque converter  with a new
one and fixed the problem.  Apparently something broke  internally in the
converter not allowing the low gear to work properly.   The car operated properly
in drive (hi gear) because the part of the converter  that broke was that part
that only functioned in low gear.

Ed Corson  (CORSA member)
Inland Empire Corvair  Club