<VV> Corvair meeting in Nancy, FR

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 12 00:10:27 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/11/2006 8:42:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
n3lkz at yahoo.com writes:

To do  that in a 45 year old car, to put oneself to the mercy, so to speak,
of  historically hostile people is no mean feat. He had to cross cultures,
languages, cusine, varying motoring rules, incomprehensible maps written in
foreign languages all while assuring his Corvair was running properly. And, he
doubtless had to have his paperz in order for each of those nations, all of  his
paperz. I wonder how many
of us would even attempt such a challenge. My  hat's off to the guy, not only
for showing his car to the peasant populations  along the way, but for
negotiating across conflicting bureaucracies and  finally returning home with
internment.
Arjay  Morgan

Not that tough any more - One Money, one people - Hardly any checkpoints
these days, from what I hear. All of Europe can get together on one thing
though. Not being that happy with us - as in USA. They love Americans - just  cool
to "America". They probably loved to watch that old Corvair go by though! -
Seth  (walking right up to that limit, but not  beyond!)