<VV> HELP!... push rod tubes...

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Sep 12 09:33:10 EDT 2006

I agree, O-Rings seal without additional sealers.

They DO need lubrication to install, so they do not get damaged.
Typically use the fluid they are sealing againt to lube for
installation. For engine 0-rings that usually means engine oil.
Powerglides, that would be Dexron. One one closed loop chilled water
system that could have no petroleum products in contact with the water,
K-Y jelly was the recomended lube, as the water would dry too quickly to
lube well.

snip