<VV> engine noise

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Tue Sep 12 02:10:38 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/11/2006 4:40:13 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
lclarkpdx at gmail.com writes:

I  reinstalled the head, put the engine back in, sorted out what wires  went
where, and started the car. The good news is it runs great, fires on  all
six, revs good. The bad news: There's still a really nasty knock or  clang.
It's rythmic, sounds like one sound per revolution. I can't tell  where it's
coming from, but sounds like it's internal. How do I find this  one? Do I
need to rebuild the engine - again? It only has 40 miles on  it.

At this point, the best advice i can offer is to get a few Corvair experts
from your local club to listen and advise.
Please let us know what you find. Two way street. You ask. We reply. You
tell what the problem was.
Regards,
Bob Helt