<VV> engine noise

James Davis jld at wk.net
Tue Sep 12 10:06:38 EDT 2006

Valve to piston contact usually only results in a bent pushrod.  The
valves are quite tuff and will dig a big hole in the piston before
they bend.  The heads of GM valves are spun welded to the stems so
that the stems will bend before the valve heads break.  Having had
several different steel parts rattling around in a cylinder (usually
valve seats) with enough force to destroy a cylinder head I have
never bent or broken a rod.
Jim Davis