<VV> Block top Cover Leaks

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Sep 12 22:47:18 EDT 2006

Smitty Says:  I am curious about this.  I have torn down dozens and dozens of Corvair engines.  I have also rebuilt another couple of dozen.  I know that isn't many by the standards of professional Corvair mechanics but enough for me to see a trend.  I have never seen an engine yet with a leak from the top cover gasket area.  That means to me that it is not a chronic leak area, or does not deserve all the attention some folks give it.  Am I wrong.