<VV> RE: swimsuit issue

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Thu Sep 14 23:30:38 EDT 2006

Who mentioned anything about "politically correct?" What I mentioned was
that some attempts at humor can cross the line into bad taste. And
because everyone takes a different view on any given subject, it takes a
real pro to tell a joke well so that everyone can enjoy it as intended.

A famous comedian once said that the difference between a comic and a
comedian is that a comic tells funny stories, but a comedian tells
stories funny. Which is why there are so few really great comedians.

As to how I personally view the subject, I feel that something really
isn't funny unless most people are able to RECOGNIZE that it's humor.
Otherwise, it's merely a bad attempt at humor. And THAT isn't funny at
all.

-Mark