<VV> Tesla and it's batteries

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Fri Sep 15 14:13:17 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/15/2006 11:02:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
flash at vicsmba.com writes:

> Basically off-the-shelf laptop batteries -- 7,000+ of them in an
> array with each one monitored by computer control.  Part of keeping
> the price "reasonable" is to use other people's technology.  Laptop
> battery technology takes leaps every few months.  He purchases them
> from an overseas factory, but they are no different than any other
> laptop battery.

It's great to see someone using common sense.....

Instead of the mentioned $20,000.00  to replace the BATTERY...a person will
know which ones are bad...and only have to buy a few at a time, hopefully...

And letting another  company[s]  do the  development of batteries is by far
the most environmentally friendly thing I've  seen....remember..most "EV's make
way more pollution in being manufactured than the vehicle they replace would
if it was just maintained and used...

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!