<VV> New throttle shaft or...

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Fri Sep 15 21:36:46 EDT 2006

Tony, I cannot speak with much authority, except to say that I put a new
throttle shaft in an old carb and it seemed to help quite a bit.  Clark's
sells them and I for one think it would be worth a shot.  I also know that
there are several exotic ways to improve the fit of the throttle shaft, but
I would try the easy way first.  Be careful how you put the plate back in.
Some of them are beveled and if installed upside down, you could have real
problems.  Might want to mark the plate with a sharpie before you take it
out.  Also, supposed to peen over the small screws that hold the plate in,
but I haven't figured out how to do that.  Maybe someone else can tell us
that.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY