<VV> antiseize on plugs.

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Sat Sep 16 08:05:56 EDT 2006

And now you know why so many Corvair engines have stripped spark plug
holes. In alloy heads, you should _always_ use a thin coating of high
temp anti seize. Your plugs (and heads) will thank you. I also
consistently chase the threads every time I pull a plug... since
adopting this I've never stripped a plug hole and have never had a stuck
plug.

I've never understood the theory on not allowing heat dissipation...
unless the early antiseize was a different sort of compound.

Bill