<VV> Color My Vair -- New Feature and a Request for Help

Guus de Haan guusdehaan at wanadoo.nl
Sun Sep 17 01:51:04 EDT 2006

Op 17-sep-2006, om 5:04 heeft Norm Witte het volgende geschreven:

> I have been trading a few emails with fellow VV member Carlos
> Rodriguez about different factory paint schemes and the idea
> occurred to me to set up a web page where all the different colors
> can be seen.  I have uploaded the site at
>
> http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/colors/index.htm
>
> So far I have some pictures up for 1965 and 1966.  The rest of the
> slots are empty, and there are lots of slots.  I will try to fill
> in more from my collection of photos, but if you would like to
> submit pictures for the years and colors that are missing, I would
> appreciate it, and I think this will be a great resource.

Hi Norm,

Let me first say I think it's a great idea! With the good quality of
the pictures on your site it will help a lot of people to evaluate
colors correctly.

Some suggestions:

In my browser the pictures and text align right. Right would seem
more easy to the eye.

Would it be an idea to connect the name (text) to the picture with a
frame around them? This would immediately make clear what belongs to
each other.

Although I think the current picture size is very good (read perfect)
maybe it would be nice to see the color on different models. A color
looks very different on a sedan dan on a convertibel for instance.
But then the picture would need to be a bit smaller.

Example
Year 1965
Color: Crocus Yellow
Pictures: Sedan - Coupe - Convertible

It's more work but over time most pictures could be collected I
think. If you show what is missing on the site maybe it would call on
people to send the missing image.

Good luck with a good idea!

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands