<VV> Siezed stud

pete pwilhelm2 at cogeco.ca
Sun Sep 17 09:59:42 EDT 2006

The stud is out! I cut the stud with a hack saw as close to the protruding piston as possible. I then ground the stud down to get the tightest fitting stud puller socket on as close to the block as possible.Next I applied heat from a propane torch and as I heated the block,I applied steady even pressure to the ratchet. It came out smoothly,with very little effort. There appears to be no aluminum on the threads.
   Now I need some different advice. Do I need to replace the cylinder gasket? Is there a trick to sliding the cylinder back over the piston[which is in the block]. How would you get a ring compressor to work in this situation? Any other potential problems I should know of?
     Thanks for all the advice I received. This web site is awesome! Like having a super shop manual full of trade secrets.
      Pete
 ps  if I was a drinker,I would of brought the champagne.