<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 20, Issue 86

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sun Sep 17 08:57:04 EDT 2006

  It was not too long ago that right from the factory there was lots of bare steel in the nether regions of our American iron. Minor things like drive shafts, leaf springs, e-brake cables and suspension control arms.When I first started working on a friend's 1975 Volvo one of the things that impressed me was all the under car components were painted, and the e-brake cables were rubber sheathed and sealed.

Dan Timberlake

---------- Original message from Padgett, snipped by me --------------
................No but mechanics do put bare steel parts on without painting or otherwise protecting. ....................