<VV> Cigarette Lighter

Rudy Korb rudyandbrenda at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 17 18:20:03 EDT 2006

I was at a car show yesterday when out of the blue my lighter began to smoke.  We tried to pull it out by the knob but the shaft was melted and the knob pulled right off.  We disconnected the wire under the dash and the smoking stoped.  This lighter had never been used and how this smoking all came about is just a guess, but we think a spectator looking at the car pushed in the lighter and it just stuck and didn't pop up like it should. The reason for this email is to see if anyone out there has a used lighter (knob and element) for a 1967.  The GM part number is 7031884.  The 67 is the only year listed for this part number. It appears these knob shapes were changed just about every year.  Clark's has a new one but I don't want a nice shinny one, it would look out-of-place with the other knobs.  Can any of you guys help me out??   Thanks,

  Rudy Korb
  67 Monza convert.
  Rogers, Arkansas