<VV> Head Light Problem...

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Mon Sep 18 18:27:21 EDT 2006

1. The low beams have two filaments, one for low, one for high, so, it's
like two bulbs in one, just like the tail/brake lights or parking/turn signals.
2. You could simply have a burned out low beam.
3. You could have a bad wire or terminal to that low beam, on the low beam
only wire. Best way to check is to pull the bulb, and with it still connected,
check with a voltmeter or 12v test light to see if the power is getting to
the  bulb. Make sure you figure out which of the three is low beam, high beam,
and  ground! The center one is the low beam, and the two outer terminals are
high  beam and ground, but I am not sure which is the left and which is the
right  terminals!
4. Probably not the dimmer switch, since it feeds both low beams.

In a message dated 9/18/2006 6:06:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,