<VV> Balancing engine and higher shift point for PG

Bob Gilbert traceya at montrose.net
Tue Sep 19 01:59:31 EDT 2006

Howdy Guys,
The pistons should be balanced as a set, so should the rods. By design {
opposed } the Corvair engine doesn't need to have the reciprocating
parts { pistons & rods } weighted and used in balancing the rotating
parts. When I used to work in a shop that had a balancer we did parts
for my engine that way. That was how the Stewart-Warner book said to do
it. I have sense had another Corvair engine balanced the same way. Both
worked the way they were supposed to, fine.
Bob