<VV> will 93 z-28 wheels fit a 1965 corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 19 10:19:27 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/19/2006 6:51:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
phil.wiley at insightbb.com writes:

I have a  set of 1993 Z-28 camaro wheels. 16 x 8 . Has anyone used wheel
adaptors and  mounted these type wheels on a 1965 corvair? If so what size tires
did you  use.
Thanks

They can fit, but it takes a really thick adapter/spacer (2.5 to 3 inches?)
to get the offset right. The Corvette people have those adapters, they were
commonly used to adapt 1984-87 Vette wheels to the 1975-82 Corvettes. They are
also expensive and massive. My suggestion would be to not do it. The
possibilities for out-of-balance conditions are high. Look for the earlier IROC
wheels (1985-92). Those are also 16 x 8 and do not need spacers (depending on  the
tire choice) to fit the Vair. - Seth