<VV> Z28 wheels on the Corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Sep 19 11:45:01 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/19/2006 7:38:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kcvair at netscape.com writes:

I have  the early IROC wheels on my 65 Corsa and  they fit very well with no
clearance problems.  Car rides low also because springs were cut.   Tires are
Bridgestone 195-60 R15.  I also have a Camaro and would not try  to adapt
those wheels to my Corvair.  Ken  Clark

The Z28 wheels -at least the 1982-1992 - were 15" x 7" - That is  likely what
Ken is running. (The 15" tires would require quite a stretch to fit  over the
IROC wheels -all of which were 16", as I recall) The latest models of  this
series, the 91-92 Z28, had some very pretty 15 x 7 wheels that looked a  bunch
like the later (93-96) ones. They even used the same snap-in center cap.
Those are hard to find because Camaro sales dropped before the 93 came out.  But
even the 82-90 style can be prettied up with match painted spokes and good
center caps. Another bonus is that they are a nice tight center hole fit on  the
Corvair hub center. You must run the correct lug nuts on this set-up,
however, stock Corvair ones will not work well. -  Seth