<VV> More window replacement parts

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Tue Sep 19 20:30:29 EDT 2006

Folks
Sorry, I had a high blood sugar day today, and was a little foggy when I
sent my last post on Window parts.
The "tracks" that the windows travel in as they move up and down is called
Window Channel Run.
There are 2 types, Rigid and Flexible.
Rigid run is for the Back side of the Vent Window Divider bar,
or, if there is no vent window, the hinge side of the door. Flexible run is
for the door handle side of the door (inside on a hardtop) and on Post
models, goes up and around the window frame of the door.

Vent window sets are usually in 2 seperate pairs. the Main Seals are the
rubber part that goes around the bottom of the vent window and the angled
edge of the glass.  The Vertical Division Post seal is the strip of rubber
that goes into the vent side of the divider bar, and the vertical edge of
the glass seals against it when the vent window is closed.

You show how knowledgeable you are when you are ordering or discussing parts
by using the correct nomenclature.  You guys have no idea how ignorant some
of these people are of the parts of the car they are trying to restore. Some
times I have to send pictures of the parts because the customer can't find
the words to explain what he wants, and of course I don't want to send him
the wrong part. (I asked for door weatherstrip, but I wanted the part that
goes on the roof and pillars!)

 You almost want to ask--"are you going to do this yourself?"

Hank