<VV> Re: Fender blending - no Corvair

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Wed Sep 20 16:45:40 EDT 2006

The "bug" has always been "retro" for a variety of reason, but VW never acceded to style, which is obvious.
People like them BECAUSE they are ugly, so much so that they became "cute" (the Olde English definition, perhaps ?)

The "bug" - old and new versions - can be grouped in with the Prowler and PT Cruiser and Chevy's new PT Cruiser clone, and many more to come, I'm sure.  But they are, or will be, "retro" and not subject to the real evolution of car design, right ?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: LonzoVair at aol.com
  To: chaz at ProperProPer.com ; airvair at richnet.net
  Cc: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
  Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 9:02 AM
  Subject: Re: <VV> Re: Fender blending - no Corvair

  Hmmm.... me thinks narry a soul has looked at the VW Beetles, both old and "new"... they have rear fenders... in fact, the front will fit the rear on a "new" Beetle...
  Not that it's pretty or anything...
  And the original Beetle WAS designed in the early 1930s...
  Oh well...
  Later,
  Lonzo... had 10 different VWs before getting into Corvairs in 1990... haven't had one since!

  Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
  CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky Corvair
  Quart Low Quarterly Editor
  1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
  1963 Greenbrier 110/4spd
  1964 700 sedan 95/pg