<VV> Early Chevies - NO CORVAIR

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Sep 20 17:40:18 EDT 2006

In a message dated 9/20/2006 2:33:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
chsadek at adelphia.net writes:

The  49-52 was a different body style. To  me, much prettier than the 53-54.
The coupe had a fast roofline that when lowered, shaved and decked... LOL!
became a pretty neat street rod.

The last car my grandmother had was a 1950 Chevy 4-door Torpedo back. One  of
the first Powerglide Cars. It had the original strange column shift  pattern
PNDLR. She and her friend drove it across the US and back when they were  in
their late 70's. My mother practically threw a fit, but the car worked fine.
That was the first car I ever drove (age 15). I made a matching key and would
push the car out of the driveway and start it up down the street - coasting
back  in after the short drives. I eventually got caught and stopped it. (for a
while)  Because of the fastback roofline, we called the car the "Stone-age
Stingray". -  Seth