<VV> Re: FC pinion shaft gear & odometer

Daniel Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Wed Sep 20 20:46:23 EDT 2006

Thanks Frank,
     I did it !!
After Bob Helt told me they were 8 threads at the pinion gear, all went fine
and, by now, I just need to get a 20 teeth (blue)driven gear for the 3.27
diff. As per the speed metering, I took the magnet from a NOS AC mechanical
tach/hour meter (got at a flea market) and after playing with the spiral
spring, got accurate speed readings (checked with GPS) over the factory face
plate (0-120). This means that the maximum speed reading is now 75 MPH (120
KPH) but, I never go over 70 MPH (112 KPH) on the Rampy. As per renumbering
the dial, I have no idea on how to make it while matching the stock
appearance... something to think about... maybe a laser printed decal ?

     Daniel Monasterio