<VV> Re: Re: Timing, Distributor, Carbs, Vacuum

LastHamlet lasthamlet at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 20 21:30:58 EDT 2006

Hold it, upside down is not really what I meant.
Pushed the bolt in from the bottom, then the nylon
bushing through the drag link downwards, into the
pitman arm and on the bolt and tightened the nut down
to compress. That is not just upside down, I am not
sure how he did it???

Actually he work on old school cars, and just lost 30
points of IQ cause it was a Corvair. (A common problem
in my small town)I was going to let him do the shocks
and coils, but he said he was not going to use that
biig top shock grommet, so I opted to do the rest
myself.... Good thing too, that is when I happen to
notice the other issues. I was ill, but because I knew
him all my 45 year life, and he is 60's, I had enough
resppect to just pay him his bill and leave, with only
a few choice comments and no foul language. I am
affraid, and I had no idea that he had and still is
back to a long lost habbit of his, heavy drinking. I
feel sorry for him, cause he used to work on some
really fine older machines in his day. Though not any
Corvairs apparently, still I told him upon dropping it
off, any part you need to do it right , tell me, I'll
get it next day air if need be... anything.
Oh well, I wished I had joined CORSA and found this
forum a year ago, cause now I have found people who
know how to work on Vairs, and know a lot about
them,,,, How is that for sharing a huge mistake, and
while I am at it, a Big Thanks for all the help and
advice. I'll be back to share the good and hopefully
not much bad, and of course the mistakes :-)
Danny