<VV> 911

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 21 01:46:09 EDT 2006

Not the phone # and not the date, but the paint code.

I forget who asked the question but it was about a '60 model with paint code
911 on the body tag.  It has been bugging me and I've check with a couple of
people who SHOULD know.  Since neither (not surprising) could answer of the
top of their head, they will now be checking their records and will get back
to me.

A couple of items came up during the discussion.  Is this and EARLY early
car?  By that, I mean a '60 with the 2 holes in the front for the horns?  If
so, that could possibly have an effect on how the paint was coded.  VIN #
would be helpful here!

So far, the research has turned up that 911 was not a Corvair color, but was
used on other 1960 GM cars.  That brings up the (somewhat remote - but can't
be ruled out just yet) possibility that the original paint was intended by
GM for a different line of cars.

We are still working on this, so hopefully a better answer will be
forthcoming.

Please send me the VIN #.

Thanks.

Later, JR