<VV> 911

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Thu Sep 21 07:56:37 EDT 2006

This was a '60.

I thought John Cole had answered this; the numbers on Gary's site and in
Corvair Decade are apparently taken from the Clark's catalog, which are one
number less than the Corvair code numbers.  These numbers were the Chevy
code number for the rest of the Chevy lineup.  But the accurate codes are
what is on the body of the car and in the paint books, not what's on Gary's
site, the Clark's catalog, the Corvair Decade, or my website, which I
haven't updated for this issue yet.

If you look at my color page,

http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/colors/index.htm

at the bottom of each year's page is a link to the Ditzler color chart for
which Frank DuVal provided a link.  These color charts appear to be the real
McCoy from back in the day.

Norm

John's original response:

If you look at the colors you will see that more than one have the asterisk.
The asterisk denotes the colors that were available for the Corvair.  That
number next to the asterisk is the number that is found on the 1960 body
tags.  If you look in the Corvair Decade which took the information from
Clark's catalogue you will see the 1960 colors listed under the Chevy code
numbers which was one number less than the Corvair code.