<VV> 911 paint code

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Sep 21 08:43:43 EDT 2006

Whoa, JR,

The research I supplied did show 911 as the paint code for Horizon Blue
as a Corvair only color code. But the color, as a different data plate
code number, is used on other General Motors cars. Here is the web site :
http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl

Also I have supplied a scanned sheet of Dupont color information for
1960 showing a column for Corvair and the code for 911. VV will strip
off the attachment, but JR will see it. I included it as both .tif and
jpg format. If I knew how to post these to a web site I would share them
with you all!

So to sumarize:

Horizon Blue Metallic is code:
911      Corvair
910      Chevrolet
960L      Chevrolet lower color
962U      Chevrolet upper color
H            Buick
502      Corvette
H            Oldsmobile
H            Pontiac
Not used on Cadillac

Dupont stock # 4030L for Lucite       94010D for Dulux  (that is
Dupont's Dulux, not ICI's Dulux for our foreign viewers!)

Ditzler (PPG) info on that web site mentioned above.

Frank DuVal