<VV> Value

Rodney Spooner corvairenterprises at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 17:47:47 EDT 2006

"What do you think?  I have some interest, but I don't know what to say to ask as far as price.  can I get close to that?"

  Needless to say (but I will anyway) that value is what one person is freely willing to pay to someone else without duress.

  If the GB runs fairly well and the the brakes, drive train, and suspension are in good shape, and the body isn't a rust bucket, sounds like $800 may be a fair price if it's pretty much all there. (If the windshield is cracked or broken, it can be expensive to replace.)

  As for your LM, the same could apply (except windshields are more abundant and less expensive to replace).

  If you should sell your LM to a new non-Corvair owner, be sure to extoll the fact that replacement parts are plentiful and even throw in a 1 year membership to CORSA and your local Corvair club. Support your Corvair vendors by providing their contact information.

  GOOD LUCK.

  Vairy truly yours,
  Rodney Spooner
  Member - Inland Empire Corvair Club (CORSA Chapter 925)
  Member - CORSA

  Remember - The Amazing Corvair's Glorious 50th Golden Anniversary, October 2, 2009