<VV> gas filler pipe in the fifties - no vair

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Fri Sep 22 00:26:49 EDT 2006

I worked at a gas station back in college in Daytona (right across the
street from the speedway). It was a great job and have a million stories, but  I'll
only share one now.

I guy pulls in driving a 56 Cadillac for gas, full service island, of
course. I run out there and complement him on his fine ride. He said, "Bet you
can't find the filler." I said, "How much?" as I pressed the button on the tail
light to pop open the light which is also the door for the filler. He asked how
 I knew it was there. I explained that my Dad told me about pulling the same
'trick' on with the same car when he was a teenager (Grandpa owned the car).
We  spent 15 minutes or so talking about his car and he gave me a $5 tip.

Ned