<VV> Re: Saturn Sky HUMOR NO CORVAIR

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Fri Sep 22 12:58:29 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norm Witte" <norman.witte at comcast.net>
Subject: Re: <VV> Re: Saturn Sky HUMOR NO CORVAIR

> Well, it seems awfully light for a planet....
>
> So I calculated it for a sky.  The Saturn Sky is 161.1 inches by 71.4
inches, which gives a total surface area of 79.87875 square feet.  I may be
rusty here but from my high school science class I seem to recall that a
column of air one foot square weights 14.7 lbs., give or take for barometric
pressure,>
> Ask Doctor Science!
> Norm Witte
******
Hey Norm .. heh heh, the pressure at sea level is 15 lbs per SQUARE INCH
....   so the Sky would weigh ( 15 x 80 x 144 ) lbs too much.

So for a really good dirty trick, if you removed all the air from the top of
someones little sky , it would take off straight up ....  at a very rapid
rate and be out of sight in about 4 seconds ....
.
Which means it would accelerate straight up much much faster than your turbo
vair will accelerate downhill .. (g) .....

This also explains why bald men like to wear hats ... if the air flow over
the male bald head reaches a critical velocity, the pressure differential
will cause the victim to be carried away into the atmosphere, causing said
victim to be late for dinner and other important results

Orange you glad you brought this up??

glad to be of help... ken campbell, deltawerkes.