<VV> Re: Saturn Sky HUMOR NO CORVAIR

Norman C. Witte ncwitte at wittelaw.com
Fri Sep 22 13:08:50 EDT 2006

Ken, according to Wikipedia, the correct factor for atmospheric pressure is
14.6959487755134 pounds-force per square inch (psi), so I think we can
safely round to my 14.7 but the unit mistake I made was much more serious.
Now if we multiply the 161.1 inch length by the 74.1 inch width, we get
111,937.51 square inches of surface area, times our 14.7 psi, we get 175,433
pounds as the weight of the sky.  Subtracting the 2,933 GM version we are
now at 172,500 lbs. even.  So I guess it's pretty underweight, if you look
at the issue in a vacuum.

Norm

P.S. Send me a bill.