<VV> Flooding problem?

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Sat Sep 23 15:29:31 EDT 2006

65 Monza 110pg has been running great for the last week, although
pinging like crazy and there's a slight skip, i think, due to a bad
breaker plate. All in all it ran good until hot. I retarded the timing
to 10 degrees as suggested and am running Sunoco 93. Car now runs well,
and doesn't ping. This morning, while making my doughnut run, here's
what happened. Started fine cold. Drove abot a mile and a half, and it
stalled at a light. Started it and pulled into a gas station and it died
again. It then wouldn't start. Looked under the hood, and had a strong
odor of gas. Waited a minute or two, put the pedal to the floor and it
reluctantly started. I got home, but I couldn't keep it running. I let
it sit all afternoon in the garage. Later, it started fine and idled at
high idle for a few minutes. All of a sudden the right carb just cut
out. It seems to be flooded. I've got the top of the carb off, and it's
full of gas. I'm assuming something's wrong with the carb. I recently
rebuilt them after a 15 yr. rest. What should I be looking for? Am I
right about it being the carb?

Paul Abel
Rochester, NY
65 Monza sedan 110pg.