<VV> 1963 Spyder Vert.

Kerry and Jan Born deaconone at teleweb.net
Sat Sep 23 18:56:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

Needed to buy a replacement master cylinder for this car which should be
an easy project. Well it wasn't. Went to buy it and the guy at the
counter wanted to know what size the bore was..? 1" or 7/8". He asked if
the car had metallic brakes  or not.  Ok I don't have a clue! So my
question, how can I figure out what I need?

Along the same lines how can I tell if the car has regular or silicon
brake fluid in it and if it's regular fluid what is needs to be done to
replace it with silicon..?

Also I need to remove the 'grill/panel' that lives under the windshield
(don't know what it's called but it's the one that the wiper shafts
extend through) There appear to be a few screws visable when the trunk
is open but I can't see how to release the part that extends under the
windshield weather strip...

All help gratefully accepted and appreciated.

Kerry B